Sunday, January 6, 2013

Love You, Princess

Yay!  My top priority for the beginning of the new year is almost finished!  My craft room was such a disaster after Christmas crafting that I could hardly get to my desk.  So I enlisted the help of my amazing, talented hubby, (I'll share some of his work later) and I am so happy to report that we are about 3/4th finished.  In fact, I was able to get a little crafting done today. 
I love doing card challenges but I'm accumulating too many cards so I've decided to make my cards suitable for OWH (Operation Write Home).  Which means my cards will be simpler and the embellishments will be smaller.  Now I can indulge my addiction and do something good at the same time.
Today I made a card for a little princess.  I hope there's a little girl somewhere that loves blue!   After I was finished, I wondered why I didn't make it pink.  Maybe a senior moment?  Think I'll go make a pink one!
For this card, I made my own design paper I've been wanting to try this faux ghosting technique with Distress Inks (something new).  I used 2 shades of blue and then spritzed water through a doily for the design. 

I then stamped and embossed the hearts (old stamp from Hero Arts) and colored them with the same Distress Inks.  The wonderful image is a freebie from MilkCoffee, which I colored with Prismacolor Pencils.  I used a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen around the edges for a little sparkle.  The sentiment was printed and punched with a Fiskers heart punch.  Some sheer ribbon and a heart button with a yarn bow finish the card.


challenges I would like to enter

Crafty Ribbons Challenge:  #36 New Beginnings
MilkCoffee:  New Beginnings
Shelly's Images: Anything goes
Charisma Cardz:  #52 Monochrome
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge:  #188 Make your own backing paper
Cute Card Thursday:  #250 Something new
Paper Crafting Journey:  Anything goes
Pixie Dust Studio Challenge:  It's all new to me
Sassy Studio Designs:  #158 Something old and something new (new technique, old stamp)

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

14 comments:

  1. This is precious Sarah! Lots of hard work but boy did it pay off. Your created background is stunning. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohw what a lovely card, great work, great stamp and colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    Amanda
    Shelly's Images DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful ,I really like the blue colour even for a princess! A fabulous way to use your talents ,your cards will be so appreciated! Love the oval die cut and your lovely colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blue card. Beautiful ribbon. Pretty character. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and Happy New Year 2013 !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blue card. Beautiful ribbon. Pretty character. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and Happy New Year 2013 !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love the background you created, the card is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your card came out great! Awesome job on the technique (I'll be trying that one soon! :)
    Thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    P.S. I have blog candy on my blog if you’re interested!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a beautiful card Sarah, thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images, come back soon.

    greetings Gerda
    Shelly's Images DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card and love the background paper you have created. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I really like this! I love the paper and image.
    Good to have you join us at Charisma Cardz this week. Look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all our craft rooms needed a tidy after Christmas lol!! Lovely card and thanks for joining us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at crafty ribbons
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty. I love all the blues and the technique you used!!!! Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at SSD DTBST last week!

    Alaine - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design paper you created.. Smiles.
    Thank you so very much for joining in with our New Beginnings at Crafty Ribbons.

    Hugs,
    Karen. DT. xx

    http://krafykarens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete