Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

It's the last Tuesday of the month, which means the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Designers are having their monthly hop...our theme is always Anything Goes with our Heartfelt products!

Have you seen and tried the chalkboard technique?  It's become one of my favorite techniques!  I love using ornate designs for this and Heartfelt Creations has gorgeous stamps that work beautifully

Stamp on black cardstock and emboss in white.  Overstamp in white pigment ink to create a shadow and then rub some white ink around to look like chalk.  That's it, and so pretty!  I used a glitter gel pen to color the heart.

Stamps I used:  
HCPC 3435  Feather Grass Flourish PreCut Set (love)
HCPC 3436  Rye Grass Flourish PreCut Set (corners)
HCPC 3363  Inspire Me Sentiments PreCut Set

Be sure to visit all eight blogs and leave a comment on each blog because one of you will be chosen, in a random drawing,  to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations.  This blog hop closes Fri. Feb. 1st at midnight and the winner will be announced at noon Sat, Feb 2. 

From here you will hop to Alissa Wells.

Blog hop order:

Dina Kowal
Emilia van den Heuvel
Selma Stevenson
Sarah Miller (you are here)
Alissa Wells
Marsha Sanderlin 
Lisa Allen
 
Challenges I would like to enter:
The Pink Elephant:  TPE184 Hearts
Challenges 4 Everybody:  #12 always anything goes
Creative Inspirations Paint:  Inspired By: Anything goes
Gingerloft Challenge: GL56, Love is in the Air
Delicious Doodles:  #20 All You Need is Love
Craft Us Crazy: #35 Celebrate Love OR Are You Seeing the Color Red
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge:  #191 Valentines Day/Love 

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day! 

25 comments:

  1. What a great technique. This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah the chalkboard look is fabulous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your choices for this card. I've learned several new techniques on this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I have to try this soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card! I love this technique (though I haven't mastered it yet).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great technique, I will be trying this one for sure. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea I will have to try this I love black and white cards
    Thanks for sharing.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card...I love black and white cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks cool. I love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so striking! Love the technique!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great technique. I'm glad that companies are putting out chalkboard materials...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the chalkboard effect. I have some of the card stock now I need to bring it out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cool technique! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty using this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of the best blackboard technique cards I've seen yet Sarah. Super job! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the chalkboard look.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that "love" stamp and how nice it looks on the blackboard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't tried the chalkboard technique yet, but I love the look! Great card! Those stamps work really well for this technique!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  19. Positively fantastic. I love black and this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this technique and the way the card turned out. I am so excited to try this technique and see what I can come up with. This card is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your chalkboard card is lovely -- thanks for the instructions on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The chalkboard technique seems very interesting. I will have to give it a try. I like how you arrange the flourishes in the corners, the motif and then it looks like you colored in lines to make it look like a cohesive unit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a good idea to do black and white this way... - and the result is as pretty as a - vintage - chocolate box!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely stunning. Great technique. thanks for sharing at challenges 4 everybody hugs trisha x dt

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful...have been wanting to try this technique! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete