Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Birdhouse Mini Dimensions

Abby asked me for the dimensions for the birdhouse so I thought I would post them for you.  For more detailed directions and lots of creative ideas, be sure to see Kit's video tutorial.  Make sure to watch both videos; as she said, her camera decided to take a siesta in the middle of taping.


So here goes.  I'll clarify these measurements.  They are 1",  1 and 3/4",  5",  5 and 3/4",  and 9".






As you can see, the brad is on the second panel, the first panel gets folded over and covers the brad.

You make an angle cut from the center of the top to the 1" mark on the side.  Ignore the markings on my ruler, it's a quilting ruler.


It takes longer to read the directions than to make the book.  You can easily make one in 10 minutes.  Now all that's left to do is decorate.  My next ones will be made in double sided DP.

I hope this all makes sense!  Make sure to watch Kit's videos, they're much easier to follow.

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah, that's a lot of work you put into sharing how to make the darling bird book. I think I could handle that. Thanks for letting me know you posted about it. I'll print it out and hopefully make an attempt at making one soon. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! Perfect directions! Thank you for sharing on your Blog and be Blessed! Hugs, KitB

    ReplyDelete