Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Inspired by: Friends

Sorry I've been MIA.  My sister is visiting from Texas and we are enjoying our time together.  Up to now we have had rain, rain and more rain.  I was beginning to think I was going to have to build an ark!  Since she came, we have had nothing but beautiful sunshine which I am sure she brought along with her, LOL.

This week at Creative Inspirations Paint we are being inspired by friends.


I love this quote which I found online.  The frame is from  StitchyBear Stamps.  The image is printed on acetate and then colored on the backside with CI Paint 'Amethyst', 'Green Olive' and 'Winter Frost'.  I mixed my paint with some glazing medium to give me time to do some blending.  Love the sparkle!  If anyone remembers the tinsel painting from the 50's-60's, this reminds me of those.


I also painted the ribbon which is underneath the image and the butterflies with Amethyst.

  Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day.

challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs:  nature
A Spoon Full of Sugar:  flower power
PaperCrafting Journey:  anything goes
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge:  things of beauty
Fun With Shapes and More:  make it sparkly
 Allsorts Challenge:  things with wings
2 Sisters Challenge:  anything goes
The Emerald Faerie Garden: lots of bling
KB Cute Monday:  anything goes
My Mum's Craft Shop:  things with wings






7 comments:

  1. Such lovely painting. your painting is so good
    Dr Sonia S V

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, elegant card
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, and love those glittered flowers. Adorable. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at 2 Sisters. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!
    A lot of work has gone into that and i love the sparkly effect.
    Thank you for playing at Papercarafting Journey.
    Zahreen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, Thank you for entering Incy Wincy Designs this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card. Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenges this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Thanks for sharing it with us over at the Emerald faerie Garden.

    ReplyDelete