Thursday, May 5, 2011

Inspired by...Mother

This week at Creative Inspirations Paint we are being inspired by the special ladies in our lives, whether that by our mother or somone else who has an extra special place in our hearts.

I had the privelege of making a card for a young lady to give to her mother.  We wanted lots of flowers and this cute stamp had flowers.


I made some faux flower soft by rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together until I had lots of shavings.  I colored it with my Creative Inspirations Paints using Sunshine, Amethyst, Blush and Green Olive.  I also used those colors for the butterflies.  I first colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and then adhered the faux flower soft.


Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

Challenges:
Party Time Tuesday:  Mother's day
Fairy Tale Challenge:  Mother's day
2 Sisters Challenge:  Mother's day
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge:  Mum's The Word
Sentimental Sundays:  Mother's Day/For A Woman
Dream Valley Challenges:  flowers
I Dit it Creations Challenge:  Mother's day
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge:  Mother's day
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge:  Anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Its so pretty! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for sharing your fabulous creation at C4E this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout! I love your idea how you have used Flower Soft on your image! Thank you for joining in our Mother´s Day Challenge of Fairy Tale Challengeblog! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and feminine. I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could not be more sweet!

    Thank you so much for playing with SSDS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty this is! And thank you for the tips on faux flower soft! How amazing to make something so useful from boring old styrofoam! I shall be using that technique when teaching my Sunday School group to show how God can use everything for good! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!

    Thank you also for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Love the soft blue and white eyelet combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shaving styrofoam?! Brilliant! It looks real! What a great idea and one that I've never even heard of! Thanks for the technique and this card is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sentiental Sundays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous. I love the effect of the flowers worth all the effort! Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week, hugs from Bron :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable image and love the faux flower soft. thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Sara! nice image, border punch and butterflies. Great idea about make faux flowers with styrofoam, how clever (I'm going to try it)Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sisters this week, good luck!
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete