Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Warm and Cozy

Hi everyone, it is the last Tuesday of the month so today is the beginning of the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team’s monthly Blog Hop.  If you'd like a chance at winning a prize, be sure to leave a comment on each blog along the hop by Friday - there is a $25 gift certificate up for grabs for one random commenter!  The blog hop will remain open for comments from 8am EST on Tues. Aug. 27th through Fri. Aug. 30th at midnight.


Recently, I saw a tutorial on how to do a sweater card which I thought would work beautifully with this Heartfelt Creations sentiment.  Plus, it gave me a reason to dig out my old crimper.  I started with the Frosty Blanket Paper Collection cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  The ribbing is 1/2" wide.  The pocket is attached to a regular card which gives lots of room inside for a message.  The flower 'pin' was cut from the paper.  I'll have to look for another embossing folder that looks more like a sweater texture;  this was all I had available today.


Most of the image was colored with stickles; after all, it's just not Christmas without glitter!  I also used a little bit of puff paint and colored pencils.

supplies
Frosty Blanket Paper Collection
Yuletide Sentiments PreCut Set
Holiday Haven PreCut Set
Posy Patch Flowers PreCut Set:  buttons on front of sweater

So now you'll hop on over to the fabulous  Caroline and see her gorgeous creation!  
And here is the complete list in case you get lost.

Selma Stevenson 
Vicki Dutcher 
Candy Slabaugh 
Alissa Wells
Emilia van den Heuvel
Cibele Glazer 
Kerry Urbatch
Sarah Miller (you're here)
Caroline Duncan
Linda Payne
Mary Faus
Debbie Seyer
Lisa Allen

40 comments:

  1. adorable sweater!!! ready for some hats and gloves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how Awesome is this. love the Sweater card cool idea. love the colors love the stamp. and the layering thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sweater card! Thanks for sharing and including the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE SWEATER CARD, NO END TO WHAT YOU CAN WITH THIS CARD. EMBOSS YOUR JUMPER , GLITTER IT, YOU HAVE GOT MY MIND RACING

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweater card! Great idea. Love the colors and the bling - right down to the bling in the "pin"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just started really getting into unique card designs and this one fits the bill! i also have an old crimper to dig out and give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute looks like a fuzzy mohair

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable, I thought the sweater was real at first...Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun, nice and cozy card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sweater idea. Thanks for the inspiration. I want to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever! I will CASE that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little sweater card. Always love having my students make this type of card for their fathers for Father's day. Never thought to make it "girly". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your sweater card! Such a great idea and it is very versatile also! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea and very nicely crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG this is so stinkin adorable! I LOVE this. Love the crimping idea. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my this is totally unique and fabulous! I love it!!! Great job!
    Hug, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that the texture is perfect - great sweater look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very cleaver and so cute. I just had to check the tutorial and was wowed with the ideas, now I had better get my yarn out, no I mean paper and make some sweaters. Wonderful job and the paper was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How unique!! Always giving me more ideas, just love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute!!! Love these sweater cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful job with the card design Sarah. Beautiful choice of papers. My crimper is very under used. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is very clever and pretty. I agree - the glitter is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beauitiful and so fun to have interactive card! I've not seen a sweater card before, but yours really does look like a sweater!... great job!

    ReplyDelete

  24. This is a wonderful idea and works so well with the stamps and flowers.
    Hugs Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful sweater card--I like the ribbing.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really a cute card. Really makes me think about winter.
    BURR - Cute Cute

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cool idea for a card and the use of a crimper.

    Hey you are nominated for a blog award on my blog.. http://artycrafty.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/i-have-a-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this! How creative you are. Wrote this one on my list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love how unique this is ...so creative!

    ReplyDelete