Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sweet Honey

It's always fun to find new artists (at least, to me) and their wonderful images.  This week I found Alicia Bel and you can find her shop here.  You can find the challenge blog here.  Little miss Honey caught my eye and I have had so much fun creating this card.

Don't you just love her stockings!?  I used the net bag my lemons were packaged in behind the diecut to try and emphasize those lovely stockings (hose?).  Whatever, I love them!  I also tried to make my own 'Washi Tape' with masking tape.  It's been colored with Creative Inspiration Paint (Sunshine  and Bright Yellow) which gives it a beautiful shimmer, and then stamped on it.  I added some stickles to the flowers for some extra sparkle.

For the inside of the card, I used the negative from the green diecut on the front and then added the yellow diecut center.  On the other side I added some more of my tape.

Thanks so much for visiting and have a blessed day!

challenges
Alicia's Challenge:  #5 anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles:  #171 use ribbon and at least 1 button
Deep Ocean Challenge:  #51 Let's sparkle
My Time to Craft:  #221 Show us the inside
Fussy and Fancy:  #88 anything goes
Stampin for the Weekend: button it up
Wags'n Whiskers Stamps:  #103 Girl Birthday
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge:  #6 anything goes
Inspired by Stamping:  White, Yellow, Green

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful looking card Sarah!

    Lovely coloring as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, love the colours & the inside looks fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so sweet, and I love the colors you chose! Beautiful job finishing the inside as well. Thanks so much for entering at Wags n Whiskers challenge, hope to see you again! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! The fun bright colors really pop. Looks like you did a great job with the homemade washi tape. Sweet card Sarah. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful card! Thank you for playing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card - love your use of bright colours x
    Thanks for playing along with us over at stampin for the weekend & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Cute Card! Thank you for joining us at IBSIC! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete