Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Candy Wrapper

I wanted to slip in another candy wrapper at Joan's Gardens that is a little more feminine.  I used an image from Abby at Little Birdie Blessings, added a spot for the word art from Word Art Wednesday, and then distressed the edges and used Rock Candy Crackle Paint.  

 I made a rolled rose but I'm not very good at those yet.  I also added a stamped heart with some more crackle paint around the edges.  I also layered a MS punch with a fleur de lis die.  I thought the entire project looked very dull until I added that little bit of black lace.  Always amazes me how a little bit of black will make everything pop.


Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

challenges I would like to enter
Joan's Gardens:  candy wrapper with Selma's instructions, embellish
Word Art Wednesday:  use scripture verse, inspirational quote
Stampin Sisters In Christ:  create a card/project that shows love (heart or word 'love')
Little Birdie Blessings:  use scripture

8 comments:

  1. This Valentine pouch is so pretty. love the colors and the little picture is adorable.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! You have such a lovely blog and gorgeous art. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will join us again for next week's challenge as well as for our Blog Hop February 9-13. Thanks again for entering this awesome project with us. Hope to see you again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, Your candy wrapper is just delightful. Thanks so much for the links back to me and for adding this to Scripture Thursday. I'm now a follower of this beautiful blog. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through Abby's Little Birdie Blessings. Your tag is gorgeous. Love, love, love.
    Following on Linky and look forward to visiting.
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is LOVELY Sarah - so soft and elegant.

    I'm so glad I came over to check.

    Thanks for leaving some love on my blog too

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sara..Love the colors and that flower is stunning.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment for the hop.
    Hugs & Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sarah - who wouldn't want to receive this - the wrapping is a gift in itself! Love it - thank you for joining us for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - it is always lovely to see you! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rose is lovely! This is so beautiful,who needs the candy, the wrapper is so good!

    ReplyDelete