Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Creative Inspirations Paint and a Sketch

This week Creative Inspirations Paint is being inspired by a sketch.

.

For some reason, I seem to be sketch challenged, LOL.  It always takes me longer to use a sketch then without.  But I gave it my best shot.  This is one of the LOTV stamps that I won.  I was so excited!  They remind me so much of my sister and I.  She lives in Texas and I live in Ohio so we don't get together as much as we would like; but whenever we do, we love to go to tea/coffee shops and catch up on all the news.  She's the best sis in the world!


I wanted to make my own paper but then I went and covered most of it up!  I really like how the blue paper turned out.  I painted white c.s. with blue acrylic paint and then when that was dry I painted over it with a 50/50 mixture of  water and Turquoise CI Paint.  While it was still wet I sprinkled it with 91% rubbing alcohol.  The paint separated and I had light blue circles that were all sparkly from the shimmer paint.  The 91% is important, it won't work with anything less.

I used some red CI Paint to make some "faux bakers twine" and added some "Metallic Inspirations" from CI Paint  in the corners.  The lovely stick pin is one I received from a swap.  Love how she added the ribbon!


I embossed my paper with a cuttlebug embossing folder and then painted the raised portions with some more Turquoise CI Paint.  I then made a glimmer mist with 'Blue Ice'.  The paper is just pure shimmery loveliness!

Some parting words from Kendra at Creative Inspirations Paint:
Being as though this challenge is a little more precise, everyone that joins in this week, will be entered into this months drawing twice!!


Remember, it's the last Sunday of the month, so we'll be drawing a winner next week!!

Be sure to enter; you just may win 5 jars of wonderful shimmery paint for yourself.

Challenges I would like to enter
Our Creative Corner:  aqua and red
Whoopsie Daisy:  anything but a square
Sparkles Forum:  one for the girls
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge:  Friends are heaven sent
Creative Craft World:  anything but birthdays
Anything Goes Challenge:  Pick of the bunch (flowers)

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at SFC this time, hope you will join us again and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !! I love everything about it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World. For our 'Anything but Birthdays' challenge.
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey !!its super pretty !!
    ** do join in for a giveaway on my blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Great color combo!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card with amazing texture. So glad you could join us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohlala, such a sweet card ♥ Beautiful motiv and I totally love the embossed, sparkly paper.


    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
    Hugs, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Thank you so much for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy. Good Luck.
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete